Blog: Top 10 items from Trader Joes
Pretty positive Hannah & I are not your typical teenage girls. I mean we blog about recipes & ways to stay organized so you probably already figured…
We also really love grocery shopping. Our favorite place to shop would have to be Trader Joe’s. So many wonderfully organic and gluten free options. (interesting fact about us: we both can’t have gluten. we’re pretty special) Though they do have other options for people who are actually normal.
So let’s get on with this blog so you don’t exit out before we get to our point.
TOP 10 (Healthy) ITEMS AT TRADER JOE’S
Prices & Benefits
- Roasted Coconut Chips. – This things taste like heaven!. . . if you’re a coconut lover. If not you might as well move on to the next item. A 2 oz bag for 1.99 is totally worth your money. It’s a healthy alternative to any other chip & it also will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup – I love a big bowl of soup on a rainy night or a cold afternoon. For only 2.79 you get a 32 oz container of tomato soup to enjoy any way you want. Low fat, low sugar, low calories, & worth buying more than one container.
- Coconut Oil – A 16 ounce container for 5.99. Use for cooking and personal care. Use this item for baking, your hair, face, and even mixing with brown sugar to create a fantastic sugar scrub for your face or even legs before shaving. Yes, it’s weird. . . I will admit I use it for all of the above. It’s basically oil from heaven.
- Ready-to-Eat Edamame – This one is a fantastic purchase for only *insert price here.* Throw these bad boys in stir fries, salads, soups, or just eat them by themselves as an appetizer.
- Edamame Hummus – 8 oz tub for 2.49. Continuing on with the edamame theme from #4, this unique “hummus” is delicious. If you don’t like chickpeas but like the idea of hummus, this is a great product to try! I do however loove hummus, and all the ones I have tried from Trader Joe’s were excellent.
- Pico De Gallo Salsa – 12 oz container for 2.99. This is a great salsa choice, as it tastes very fresh. I LOVE that there are only 7 simple ingredients: Fresh tomatoes, fresh onions, lemon juice, fresh jalapeno peppers, fresh cilantro, salt, dehydrated garlic. This Pico De Gallo is also a great source of a great source of vitamin C.
- Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax & Chia Seeds – A 16 oz jar for 2.99. This is one of our all time favorite peanut butters! Any all natural peanut butter is a good source of protein, but this one also has a good amount of Omega-3 fatty acids from the chia and flax seeds.
- Very Cherry Frozen Fruit Blend – 16 oz bag for 2.99. This is a great blend for smoothies! It has cherries (obviously), raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. I love putting this blend with a banana or two, a handful of spinach, and some almond milk.
- Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread – 12 oz, sliced loaf for 4.49. This is a great option for those who (like us!) can’t have gluten.
- Maple Cluster Granola – 16 oz box for 2.99. This is probably my favorite cereal at Trader Joe’s. It’s gluten free and very yummy anyway you eat it!
• • •
These are just ten of our favorite products at Trader Joe’s. There are many others, as well as a great selection of fruits and vegetables. We hope you love our list, and feel free to let us know your favorite items at Trader Joe’s!