A little while ago we posted a blog on how we use a bullet journal. Since then we both have used many different layout styles and started using our journal in new ways. SO why not… More
Bonjour people of the internet!
You have just entered into the blogging world of the Canadian & the
half-Canadian. We have no idea what we’re doing so just go with it.
Let us first start out by telling you who we actually are. The Canadian, Hannah, is the blonde. The half-Canadian, Kerri Anne, is the brunette. That’s basically all you need to know. Also, even though we don’t look a thing alike & we came from two different countries, we basically are the same person. We are the same person. It’s kinda scary.
You’re probably wondering why our blog is called Wednesday Sisters. Well let us enlighten you: every Wednesday it is our weekly routine to sit in a coffee shop (not Starbucks. We’re not that basic) & drink coffee for hours while we attempt to do school. Usually we just end up laughing, crying, and thinking about what we should do with our lives. Today we had that light bulb moment and now we’re here. Writing words on the internet for people to (hopefully) read. We were told by Kerri Anne’s dad that if we make this interesting then people might actually read it. So that’s what we’re gonna try to do.
More random facts are up in the about us if you’re interested to know more about our boring life.
– Kerri Anne & Hannah
With the summer approaching everyone is buying a new summer wardrobe, finding the best bathing suits, making beach/pool plans, planning summer vacations, etc. What you’re about to read is a short blog sharing with you all the fun & fashionable must-haves for your summer.
Pretty sure everyone lives in their bathing suit in the summer. So finding that perfect swimsuit is crucial in our opinion. Just the other day I was helping Hannah shop online for her bathing suit & she literally took forever. She was really struggling. However, in the end she found her perfect swim suit and recently so did I! Hannah found a swimsuit from Jolyn, and Kerri’s black bathing suit top is from Panache.
I don’t know about you but I hate pants. Especially in the summer. So another summer must have is a closet full of dresses and skirts. Casual, formal, whatever floats your boat. And if you don’t like dresses and prefer pants. . . Well you go girl. Rock whatever your summer style is. A pair of cute sunglasses are also a must have for the summer. I get a new pair every year and I’m pretty sure it’s one of my favorite parts about summer. A few of our favorite stores are Cotton On (Kerri’s romper and Hannah’s Tank Top), Hollister (Hannah’s shorts), Target (Hannah’s Cardigan), and Buckle.
Least favorite part about summer is the heat. Heat causes sweat and sweat causes gross, half-melted off make up. (*click on picture to see the description of product*)
A lot happens in summer. Going on road trips, weekend camping with friends, late night swimming in the lake, etc. Summer is the time to make memories so a journal is a great item to have. Writing at the end of your day or at the end of the week is really nice habit to get into. It’s also really nice to be able to look back at previous summers and relive those memories. The Black Bullet Journal is from Amazon, and the gold dot one is from Target.
A book list
All those times when you’re laying on the beach, chilling by the poolside, or sitting in your room alone because all your friends are on vacation..You really need something to do besides scroll through Instagram over and over again. SO put together a book list! Find some really exciting books that will suck you right in. My favorite author is Ted Dekker. All of his books are AMAZING! I’ve even read a few of them more than once. They’re that good.
Take Advantage of the Warm Weather
This isn’t really a must have but I’m going to put it in anyways. Sometimes it might be tempting to stay in your cool air conditioned house, but soon you’ll be complaining about the cold weather, so go outside! Feel the sun on your skin while you take a walk, eat your breakfast, read your book, or chat with a friend. Also keep in mind that being outside will improve your mood, decrease stress, and give you a rocking summer tan!
Pretty sure that concludes our Summer Must-Haves blog. So we hope you all have a fantastical and aesthetic summer. ♥
If you know me you know I LOVE to dance. If you know me really well you know i also love to do yoga. If you didn’t know that..well now you do.
I love yoga for so many reasons. In this blog, I’m going to share with you all the reasons why I love it and all the benefits that come with doing yoga.
• Improves the quality of your sleep. I don’t know about you but I love sleeping. I basically nap every moment I can ( SHORT STORY TIME: one time I decided to take a nap around 4pm. Usually, the time I start to get really tired. I woke up from that nap at 8pm, went downstairs and got some water and a snack, then I was in bed and asleep at 9pm…Slept all through the night too. That’s freaking talent.) Although I still have those nights where I’m not tired at all and I just know I’m not going to be tired for a while. So around the time I want to crawl in bed I take out my yoga mat and do a 20-30 minute, low-key yoga sequence. Mostly focusing on breathing, stretching, and engaging and working the core.
my suggested workout for improving the quality of your sleep
• Improves mental concentration and reduces stress. This is so true. Doing a yoga routine in the morning before anything else really puts you in a good place. If I know I have a busy day that requires a lot of concentration I will wake up early to do yoga. It basically works like magic. After my yoga routine (and my shower…) I feel ready to attack my day and everything I have written in my bullet journal.
my suggested routines to help with mental concentration.
stress loves to play a role in my life. along with Jesus and dance, yoga is my secret weapon. When I can’t go to the studio and dance I’ll pull out my yoga mat. Yoga is most definitely a great tool to de-stress.
my suggested routine for de-stressing
There are so many more mental benefits that come with doing yoga. Now I want to share with you some of the physical benefits of doing yoga.
Increased core strength. Just think about it. All that balancing in different poses, shifting your weight from one pose to another and not falling down! It’s a lot of work! But it all pays off when you have that healthy and toned core.
http://avocadu.com/free-20-minute-yoga-workout-for-weight-loss/ – this is my favorite yoga routine that I will usually do after this belly sculpting routine (http://skinnyms.com/fat-blasting-belly-sculpting-workout/) It says to give yourself a 30 second break in between each pose but I usually don’t do that. Gives me more of a challenge!
Increases flexibility. Yoga isn’t just for toning your body. There are plenty of routines that mainly focus on flexibility. I try to include a lot of poses that increase flexibility into my toning routines.
my suggested routines for increasing flexibility
Like I said before, there are so many more benefits that come with yoga. Like, Pain and tension relief, Body detoxification, Improves posture, improves digestions and is great for you mentally.
And those are all the reason I LOVE doing yoga. ♥
Blog: Top 10 items from Trader Joes
Pretty positive Hannah & I are not your typical teenage girls. I mean we blog about recipes & ways to stay organized so you probably already figured…
We also really love grocery shopping. Our favorite place to shop would have to be Trader Joe’s. So many wonderfully organic and gluten free options. (interesting fact about us: we both can’t have gluten. we’re pretty special) Though they do have other options for people who are actually normal.
So let’s get on with this blog so you don’t exit out before we get to our point.
TOP 10 (Healthy) ITEMS AT TRADER JOE’S
Prices & Benefits
- Roasted Coconut Chips. – This things taste like heaven!. . . if you’re a coconut lover. If not you might as well move on to the next item. A 2 oz bag for 1.99 is totally worth your money. It’s a healthy alternative to any other chip & it also will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup – I love a big bowl of soup on a rainy night or a cold afternoon. For only 2.79 you get a 32 oz container of tomato soup to enjoy any way you want. Low fat, low sugar, low calories, & worth buying more than one container.
- Coconut Oil – A 16 ounce container for 5.99. Use for cooking and personal care. Use this item for baking, your hair, face, and even mixing with brown sugar to create a fantastic sugar scrub for your face or even legs before shaving. Yes, it’s weird. . . I will admit I use it for all of the above. It’s basically oil from heaven.
- Ready-to-Eat Edamame – This one is a fantastic purchase for only *insert price here.* Throw these bad boys in stir fries, salads, soups, or just eat them by themselves as an appetizer.
- Edamame Hummus – 8 oz tub for 2.49. Continuing on with the edamame theme from #4, this unique “hummus” is delicious. If you don’t like chickpeas but like the idea of hummus, this is a great product to try! I do however loove hummus, and all the ones I have tried from Trader Joe’s were excellent.
- Pico De Gallo Salsa – 12 oz container for 2.99. This is a great salsa choice, as it tastes very fresh. I LOVE that there are only 7 simple ingredients: Fresh tomatoes, fresh onions, lemon juice, fresh jalapeno peppers, fresh cilantro, salt, dehydrated garlic. This Pico De Gallo is also a great source of a great source of vitamin C.
- Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax & Chia Seeds – A 16 oz jar for 2.99. This is one of our all time favorite peanut butters! Any all natural peanut butter is a good source of protein, but this one also has a good amount of Omega-3 fatty acids from the chia and flax seeds.
- Very Cherry Frozen Fruit Blend – 16 oz bag for 2.99. This is a great blend for smoothies! It has cherries (obviously), raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. I love putting this blend with a banana or two, a handful of spinach, and some almond milk.
- Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread – 12 oz, sliced loaf for 4.49. This is a great option for those who (like us!) can’t have gluten.
- Maple Cluster Granola – 16 oz box for 2.99. This is probably my favorite cereal at Trader Joe’s. It’s gluten free and very yummy anyway you eat it!
• • •
These are just ten of our favorite products at Trader Joe’s. There are many others, as well as a great selection of fruits and vegetables. We hope you love our list, and feel free to let us know your favorite items at Trader Joe’s!
Late February I (Hannah) got pulled into the pretty world of Bullet Journaling. Of course, I dragged Kerri along with me (because that’s what sisters are for).
Anyways now we’re obsessed and love listening to music, drinking coffee, and bullet journaling. So I guess you might be wondering what exactly is bullet journaling anyways? Why should you care? Ryder Carroll created the original Bullet Journal system, and it’s basically a simple way to organize your life. He has helpful pictures as well as a video on the website: http://bulletjournal.com/. The great thing about Bullet Journaling is it’s very customizable and easy. We’re a little over a month into using our journals, so we thought we would share our favorite uses.
- Daily Planning – This is probably one of the most common ways to use a bullet journal, and it’s very helpful. You can make your plans really simple, or very detailed and pretty. Personally, it really depends on how much time I have. Here’s one of my (Hannah) more detailed plans. It was very much inspired by the blog Boho Berry (along with a lot of my other pages). The numbers along the top are hours in the day, each color is kind of a plan and helps me to see a rough outline of my day (blue for sleeping, pink for dancing, etc.). I then separate my tasks and plans by school, chores, and events. I also included a water counter and the weather. This page was a lot of fun to make, but I definitely do not have the time for it everyday. I also really like to put a quote or verse at the end of a page.
On the left is one of Kerri Anne’s pages, and it is a more simple, quick way to plan.
2. Meal Plans – Meal planning is a great tool for staying organized. People who meal plan tend to save money, because you know exactly what you need and are less likely to buy extra stuff. Pay attention to sales, and try to eat the fruits and vegetables that are in season; they taste the best and are usually cheaper!
3. Monthly Plans – At the beginning of every month we love to look ahead at what our plans, goals, and important birthdays are. It is really helpful to be able to see your month “at a glance”.
For this page, I like to write down any events I have, monthly goals, and important birthdays.
I look at confidence in two ways:
• Having confidence in the things you do in life.
• Having confidence in yourself.
In my opinion, this is something you must have to get anywhere in life.
You need confidence when walking into a job interview. You need it to get through a performance (talking to all the dancers out there) or a game (talking to all the other athletes). Other places where confidence would be needed is when trying new things. but most importantly, you need to have confidence in yourself. If you’re not confident in who you are as a person, what you can do, & what you will do… well good luck my friend. Good luck.
However, I will admit something before I continue with this blog.
I am one of those people who have no self-confidence. So when I say this I’m not lying; having no self-confidence makes trying different things, going different places, taking leaps in life, & transitioning from one chapter in my life to another, very hard.
Now I’m going to go on about the first type of confidence I listed above:
With zero confidence, the only thing you believe are the lies that you allow to be placed in your mind. Lies that will put you in a hole so deep that you feel absolutely helpless. At this point, you just go along with it, give into the lies, and stop believing in the person God made you to be and the places he has set for you to go.
For years now I have given into the lies that have destroyed my confidence. So now it’s really hard to look forward and attack opportunities. I’m afraid that the worst will happen because I don’t believe in myself & the things I can do. I tend to get so wrapped up in the fear & consumed in my lack of confidence that I forget the most important thing.
When I remember that I have Him by my side, the little amount of faith I have in myself grows. Then I feel like I can accomplish my next step in life because I have God holding my hand, walking beside me.
Now going onto my next point that I listed above
I also remember that I am who I am because of HIM. That’s such a wonderful thing too. To be fearfully & wonderfully made in his image. It’s stupid really to get caught up in all the thoughts & lies that tell me I’m something else other than perfect in His eyes. Once I remember that I feel more confident in myself which makes taking the next step in life less intimidating… and I’m pretty sure we can all admit that the future is intimidating. Not knowing what’s going to happen. Or even when something terrible happens & you don’t know how it’s going to affect you.
I’ve learned over the past couple months that confidence plays a big part in life. If you don’t have any in yourself it’ll put a stop to following the path you’re meant to be on. You’ll miss out on a lot of great things because the fear that the lack of confidence placed in you made you stay where you are
So if I were to sum everything I just said & make my point stand out more, I would say this:
Have faith in yourself. Believe that you can accomplish great things. Have confidence in who you are as a person aka the beautiful masterpiece God created.
I dont know if I got more out of this then anyone else who reads it but it was worth a shot sharing my emotions & feelings. But I really do hope someone understood this blog & at least got a little something out of it.
Verses that have helped me gain more & more confidence as the days go on.
“With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said.
(2 Chronicles 32:8)
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
How many times did I say confidence in this blog? One too many times.
Over Spring Break Kerri Anne and I actually left our rooms and stayed with Hannah’s godparent’s. Here are a few fun pictures
(More on our Instagram)
SO of course we love to cook and enjoyed helping make dinners and breakfasts there. One night we made Stuffed Peppers and they turned out AMAZING. We kind of made it up as we went along and worked with what was in Miss Linda’s fridge.
Start by making your rice. We cooked a cup of jasmine rice, and then added a packet of Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice by Seeds of Change. This is seasoned with garlic and a few
other herbs. The Seeds of Change blend is already cooked so we simply stirred the two together once the jasmine rice was cooked.
Next, we diced 1 tomato, 1 small jalapeno (Be sure to remove all the seeds!), and about a cup of chopped kale. You can use whatever sounds good to you!
We used a Lemon Pepper Blend, Oregano, Garlic & Herb, and some Avacado Oil. We really don’t measure very often, but we probably used a little over a teaspoon for the spices and a teaspoon of Avacado Oil. Now would probably be a good time to heat your oven to about 350 F.
Now for the fun part! Cut your bell peppers in half, and remove all the seeds and stuff inside. We used 3 peppers, but we did have some of the “filling” leftover. Stuff your peppers with as much of the rice mixture as you can.
If you like cheese, you can sprinkle some on top of your peppers now. Parmesan, Cheddar, and Feta are a few good options for this recipe!
We baked these for maybe 10 minutes, and then broiled them for a little less than 5. Just keep an eye on them so they don’t burn under the hot broiler!
That’s it! We enjoyed our peppers with some Kale Salad, and GF corn bread. We hope you love this very versatile and delicious recipe!